Tuesday 9 January 2018

Usain Bolt anxious about Dortmund trial

Usain Bolt is a nervous man these days, even after eight Olympic Gold medals and 11 World Championships titles.
Bolt’s nerves are on account of the announcement that in a few weeks, he will be trying out with Borussia Dortmund, the same club as speedster Pierre Aubumeyang.
The legendary sprinter hung up his spikes after the World Championships in London where he relinquished his 100-metre
crown to Justin Gatlin, finishing third before a hamstring injury ended his hopes of redemption in the 4x100-metre relay.
The injury had put paid to a trial scheduled just weeks after the Championships but the opportunity was not lost.
Bolt will go to Dortmund in March for a trial.
"It makes me nervous. I don't get nervous but this is different, this is football now. It'll take time to adjust but once I play a few times I'll get used to it,” said Bolt.
Bolt has been nervous before and understands that this is just part of learning something new.
“It was the same when I started track and field. I was nervous for a while until I started getting used to the crowd, people and everyone around and it falls into place."
The reason Bolt is nervous has to do with, not impressing Dortmund, but impressing himself. Telling himself that he has a shot, even at 30, to play on the biggest stage, in front of Manchester United fans.
“If they Dortmund say I'm good, and that I need a bit of training, I'll do it," said Bolt.
According to Bolt, Sir Alex Ferguson, former coach at Manchester United, winning 13 English Premier League titles, will be putting a good word in with the scouts and backroom staff at the club he’s been a lifelong fan of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular